Time to Lay It Down ~ The Soundtrack of the Vietnam War is a two-part documentary special that explores the music created during the Vietnam War, which expressed the deep divisions in the U.S., and provided a life line for GIs in Vietnam, as well as a source of healing when they came home. It airs Sunday at Noon on WRUR and repeats Tuesday September 19th at 6PM. It is airing in conjunction to the Ken Burns' 10-part series The Vietnam War broadcast starting September 17, at 8PM on WXXI TV, and...
Listen to Newport Folk Festival this weekend from TuneIn
WXXINews.org Local Headlines
- Hurricane Maria Hits Areas Still Recovering From Hurricane Irma
- Obama Argues Against Dark Worldview, Defends Health Care Law
- St. Louis On Edge As Protesters Expected To Gather Again
- Hurricane Maria Hits Puerto Rico At Time When The Island Is Already Struggling
- Puerto Rico And U.S. Virgin Islands Hit By Hurricane Maria
Latest from NPR
- Here's What You Need To Know About Germany's Election
- At Duke University, A Bizarre Tour Through American History And Palates
- Oklahoma City Police Fatally Shoot Deaf Man Despite Yells Of 'He Can't Hear You'
- Equifax Breach Puts Credit Bureaus' Oversight In Question
- Women With Opioid Addiction Live With Daily Fear Of Assault, Rape